These are the rules:
1. Get the book on your nightstand (or whatever book you are currently reading).
2. Open it to page 56 and find the 5th sentence.
3. Post the next couple of sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
4. Do not go and find your favorite book, it has to be the one you are reading now!
5. Tag 5 other people to do the same.
Jeanne is reading All That Matters and it sounds like something I might enjoy. Right now, I am reading The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. It's a story about a single mom, who owns a knitting shop that hosts, you guessed it, a knitting club on Friday night. It's a tale of friendship, encouragement, secrets and heartbreak. AND...It really makes me want to knit!
An excerpt from The Friday Night Knitting Club...
"Exactly. Now you're getting it. I want to look like that model. Only in a gown. A tight gown." The blonde leaned over to whisper in Georgia's ear. "And we won't hesitate to play up my decolletage, will we? Show it off a bit."
She walked around the store, arms outstretched. "Oh, it's so precious, Georgia. I love how you stay small to keep that homey feel."
Who was this woman? Georgia felt inadequate and stupid, as though she had a mysterious hangover but couldn't remember drinking.
I gave you a little bit extra as a teaser! Happy reading!
So, I'll tag...Risa, Jenn, Ramsey, Laurel and Nona.
This was fun! It is so interesting to see what everyone is reading. Feel free to share what YOU are reading in the comments section. Thanks for stopping by today!